The West’s criminal siege of Deir Ezzor, Syria is a microcosm of the West’s on-going criminal regime-change/dirty war against Syria.
All of the ingredients of international criminality are in plain view in Deir Ezzor, and a result of pre-planned deliberations:
- A 2012 Defence Intelligence Agency document stated clearly that, THERE IS THE POSSIBILITY OF ESTABLISHING A DECLARED OR UNDECLARED SALAFIST PRINCIPALITY IN EASTERN SYRIA (HASAKA AND DER ZOR), AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE SUPPORTING POWERS TO THE OPPOSITION WANT, IN ORDER TO ISOLATE THE SYRIAN REGIME …
- NATO and its terrorists destroyed bridges and electrical infrastructure serving the area, as a form of “destabilization.”
- On September 17, 2016, Coalition forces murdered over one hundred Syrian Arab Army soldiers in Thardah Mountain, Deir Ezzor in an operation that allowed ISIS to capture the strategic position.
- NATO coalition forces willfully enabled the passage of ISIS terrorists from Mosul, Iraq to Deir Ezzor , Syria
In an earlier article, I noted that,
The Geneva Convention is absolutely clear. In a 1979 protocol relating to the ‘protection of victims of international armed conflicts,’ Article 54, it states: ‘It is prohibited to attack, destroy, remove, or render useless objects indispensable to the survival of the civilian population, such as foodstuffs, crops, livestock, drinking water installations and supplies, and irrigation works, for the specific purpose of denying them for their sustenance value to the civilian population or to the adverse Party, whatever the motive, whether in order to starve out civilians, to cause them to move away, or for any other motive.’
The West has used all of these “destabilization” tactics against the sovereign, non-belligerent, democratic, country of Syria – in support of its terrorist proxies — as standard, war criminal policy. In “Canada Supports War Crimes: Endorses Terrorism and Destabilization in Syria,”I noted that,“for years now, the West and its allies have been criminally attacking bridges, schools, hospitals, thermal plants, factories, water plants, public utilities, civilians, and soldiers.”
Please embed Eva Bartlett video here:
So, there are close similarities between what is currently happening at Deir Ezzor, and what has been happening in Syria for almost six years now:
- Just as Deir Ezzor is surrounded and besieged by ISIS proxy terrorists, so too is Syria besieged by terrorist- supporting countries, including Canada, that are imposing illegal sanctions on the country and its people.
- Just as the ISIS proxy terrorists are directly targeting civilians in Deir Ezzor, so too have Coalition countries have been targeting civilians since the beginning.
- Just as the ISIS proxy terrorists seek to impose their Wahhabi ideology and their barbarism on Deir Ezzor, so too have the coalition and their terrorist proxies been seeking – and too often achieving — the same results throughout Syria since the war began.
- Just as the West is directly supporting its ISIS terror proxies that are currently besieging Deir Ezzor, so too have they been directly supporting all of the terrorists infesting Syria — for almost six years now.
Expanded even further, the NATO terror tactics currently assaulting Syria and Syrians were also employed against Libya, which is now a failed state, and are still being used against Iraq.
The well-documented imperial patterns are there for the world to see.
The original source of this article is Global Research
Copyright © Mark Taliano, Global Research, 2017